Pam Stufflebeam – Attendance Secretary * 801-610-8802 *firstname.lastname@example.org | Office Hours:
Mon 7:30 am – 1:30 pm, Tues-Fri 7:30 am – 2:30 pm
To excuse absences, call or send an email to email@example.com within 2 weeks of the absence.
Did you Know?
- Even if your student’s absences are excused, your child is still missing crucial instruction which can cause extra stress and pressure on the student, the teacher, and the class.
- Good attendance is an important life skill that will help your child graduate from college and keep a job.
- Studies show that students should miss no more than 9 days of school each year to stay engaged, successful and on track for graduation.
- Absences can be a sign that a student is losing interest in school, struggling with school work, dealing with a bully, or facing some other potentially serious difficulty.
What you can Do!
- Talk about the importance of showing up to school on time everyday, make that the expectation.
- Try not to schedule dental and medical appointments during the school day.
- Don’t let your child stay home unless truly sick. Complaints of headaches or stomach aches may be signs of anxiety.
- Know the school’s attendance policy.
- Find out if your child feels engaged by his or her classes and/or feels safe from bullies and other threats.
- Check regularly on your child’s attendance to be sure absences are not piling up.
- Help your child maintain daily routines, such as finishing homework and getting a good night’s sleep.
Important Reminders about Excusing Absences
- Absences should be excused within 2 weeks of when the absence occurred. (Tardies do not need to be excused.)
- Please be ready to supply the office with the student’s name and grade, your name and relationship to the student, and the exact date and class period(s) missed.
- For Pre-Approval Absence Requests, please print and fill out this form at least of week before you will be absent.
- For Current information about Attendance School, click here.
- Seminary Absences are excused through the seminary at 801.763.4530.
After logging in to Skyward
- Click the Attendance link from the left side menu
- Choose by Class Period or by Day