East Shore is facilitated through Alpine School District. Is a website that has course options for students to enroll in and complete online. East Shore is mostly independent learning with no set deadlines. East Shore is a great option if students are self-motivated and willing to manage their time and get assignments done online. (If students struggle to stay focused or motivated on their own, summer school would be a better option)
- Talk to your Counselor before signing up
- $100 Registration Fee (gives you access to the online courses for one calendar year) and $5 for each unit (next one is free if completed within 30 days)
- Each unit gives .125 credit, (i.e. 0.5 credit course=4 units)
- Classes expire after 30 days
- Proctored exam at the end of each unit
- Contact Shelly Hancock ([email protected]) for questions or to get a test proctored
**There is no limit to the number of units or courses students complete on East Shore. This is the best way for students to earn extra credits, if they are trying to graduate early or have release periods in their schedule.
To get started on East Shore, go to eastshore.alpineschools.org and create an account. Once you create an account, you choose the first unit to start working on. Please contact your counselor ahead of time to make sure you are working on the correct unit or course.